Living Everyday Zen (audio CD)
Beyond the meditation cushion, where do you ultimately find the profound clarity, presence, and simple joy of Zen? “Where it has always been—in everyday life,” teaches Charlotte Joko Beck, “whether it’s raising our kids, working in the office, or even cleaning the house.” On Living Everyday Zen, this seminal voice in American Zen shares some of her hallmark teachings and insights from nearly 50 years of practice. Beck’s ability to make the abstract concrete and accessible for anyone who engages in the practice distinguishes her from most other Zen teachers. Join her to explore:
• Liberating your “real” self from the conditioned “little” self with its unconscious, self-limiting beliefs
• How to get past your “if onlies” to discover that real fulfillment is in this very moment
• Patience, persistence, and courage: the keys to freedom
• The surprising relationship between healing and thought
• Your radiant life energy and how to awaken its flow
Bare bones simplicity. Tart common sense. That’s the trademark style of Charlotte Joko Beck—offered here on Living Everyday Zen to help you realize the fruits of your sitting practice in every aspect of your daily life.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Charlotte Joko Beck teaches Zen to students around the world. She is the founder of the Zen Center in San Diego, which she ran for more than two decades, and also the Zen Center of Prescott.
3 CDs, 3¼ hours